Our Olive Oil is imported direct from Sicily. The three olive varieties used for pressing —The Nocellara, Cerasuola and Biancolilla — are indigenous to the “Valli Trapanesi”, an area in the north west corner of Sicily, in the regional city of Trapani, near the town of Erice.
The olives are harvested directly from trees as soon as they begin to change colour. Also, they are picked from one area to provide for a more consistent flavour.The aroma and flavour can be recognized as fresh olive with tones of herb and tomato with a light peppery taste.
Dolcetto Olive Oil is perfect for your kitchen. A bottle also makes a great gift idea. Available in store for $15 (plus taxes).
For those of you who are serious about your olive oil, here’s the specs:
Designation of our oil
- Has a very low acidity level of 0.19% on the Extra Virgin Olive Oil scale.
- To be classified extra virgin, it has to possess an acidity level of 0.8% or lower.
- Our oil is very low in acidity (from the analysis result of 0.19%) making it a very good and well balanced extra virgin olive oil.
- 100/300m (328-984ft) above sea level.
- Olives are pressed using a a two-phase continuous-cycle extraction system (cold extraction) and within 24 hours of harvest.
- Green with golden nuances.
Aroma & Flavour
- Fresh olive, tones of herb and tomato with a light peppery taste.